New Password Security Questions are now available.
Click on "Update Security Questions" to select them.
Password Quality Check:
Constraints will be placed on new passwords to ensure that all passwords:
- Are at least eight characters long
- Are not more than 32 characters long
- Contain at least one character from each of the following sets:
- Uppercase alphabet (A-Z)
- Lowercase alphabet (a-z)
- Number (0-9) and special characters
- Must not be dictionary words or close variations of dictionary words
- Must differ from the Directory ID or close variations of the Directory ID
- May not contain more than two consecutive identical characters
- Leading and trailing blank spaces will be ignored
- Note: The following characters currently may not be used in passwords: ( ) * \
Please visit password.umd.edu to find out more about Directory passwords.
NOTICE: Unauthorized access to this computer is in violation of Md. Annotated Code, Criminal Law Article §§ 8-606 and 7-302 and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 1030 et seq. The University may monitor use of its computing resources as permitted by state and federal law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521 and the Md. Annotated Code, Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article, Section 10, Subtitle 4. Anyone using this system acknowledges that all use is subject to University of Maryland Policy on the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources available at
By logging in to this/these application(s) I
acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions regarding my access and the
information contained therein.
If you have problems with this page, please contact the
IT Help Desk